Privacy and Security Notice
1. This website is provided as a public service by the Fort Belvoir Public Affairs Office.
2. Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Privacy Act Statement - If you choose to provide us with personal information - like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal addresses - we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. Defense.gov never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
4. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the our Contact Us page.
This site uses social media tools such as YouTube and Twitter. They should be clearly marked. Their use is governed by DoD guidelines. Every effort is made to prevent inappropriate content from appearing on the IMCOM home page; however, secondary links might bring up content not endorsed or approved by DoD. Some social tools might be blocked by individual garrison policy.
Fort Belvoir Website Mission
The Fort Belvoir Website provides information to Officers and Soldiers of Fort Belvoir, to their families, both here and throughout the nation, to Fort Belvoir employees and contractors and to the public. This information features the contributions of Fort Belvoir personnel to the national defense, services and entertainment available at Fort Belvoir, and news of public interest.
Fort Belvoir’s Website is registered and listed on the Army A-Z index, www.army.mil.
Webmaster Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to email@example.com
Small Business Queries
The Mission and Installation Contracting Command handles all business contracts. Click here to visit their local Website. The office number is 703-806-0034. The address is 9410 Jackson Loop, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-5124.
Posting and Reviewing Information
All content, including links, appearing on www.belvoir.army.mil is evaluated for fairness and acceptability as being in the best interest of the public. The content will not exhibit hate, bias or discrimination. The Web site’s content will not contain misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or be in conflict with our stated mission or policies. All content goes through a review process prior to posting to ensure compliance with DoD Web policy, AR 25-1, AR 25-2, AR 530-1, AR 360-1 and other applicable DoD, Army, MDW, IMCOM and Fort Belvoir policy and guidance regarding Web content. The Fort Belvoir Director of Public Affairs is the overall Web-content manager.
All hyperlinks appearing on the Belvoir.army.mil domain are chosen fairly and in the best interest of the public. Content appearing on such sites is the responsibility of the owning organization or unit.
- The PAO staff evaluates all suggested links for this Web site using the following criteria:
- Is the recommended Website an official government-owned or supported Website?
- Does the recommended Website provide official government information or services?
- Does the recommended Website complement existing information, products and services on www.belvoir.army.mil?
- Is the recommended Website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Is the recommended Website's content relevant, useful and authoritative for Soldiers, Army civilian employees, U.S. citizens, the Army’s industry partners and/or government officials?
- Does the recommended Website's information appear to be accurate and current?
- Is the recommended Website's approach to the privacy of personal information consistent with the government's privacy and security policies?
- Is the recommended Website "user-friendly”?
- Does the recommended Website meet one or more of the following "highly desirable" criteria?
- The Website supports our mission of training and educating the Army's Soldiers; developing leaders; supporting training in units; developing doctrine; establishing standards; and building the future Army;
- The Website crosses military or governmental boundaries;
- The Website enables citizens, businesses and/or government officials to conduct transactions at Fort Belvoir, or otherwise to interact with Fort Belvoir organizations; and/or
- The Website provides community-level information and services, such as newcomer information to Fort Belvoir or one of its tenant units.
- Links are reviewed and evaluated for appropriateness. If content at the hyperlink does not meet policy requirements, the link will be removed.
Links to government Websites
www.belvoir.army.mil can add a link to any government Website that is publicly available unless directed not to by the agency that owns the site. Acceptable federal government-owned or government-sponsored Website domains include .mil, .gov and .fed.us. We may also link to quasi-government agencies and Websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships; other branches of the military sites; and some government-sponsored Websites that end in .com, .org or .net until migration of these sites to .mil is complete, as required by Army Regulation 25-1.
Links to Non-government Websites
In rare instances, www.belvoir.army.mil links to Websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these Websites provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government Website. The site provides these non-government Websites as a public service only. Fort Belvoir neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the organizations, services, advice or products included in these Website links. Furthermore, Fort Belvoir neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in non-government Website links. (See following disclaimer of endorsement for more information on this topic.)
We link to government information according to our linking policy, whether or not the other Website links to us. We don't engage in reciprocal linking. We invite any Website to link to Belvoir-www.army.mil. This is the official public Website for Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Since this is a public-domain Website, you may link to us at no cost and without special permission.
This Website may highlight links of special interest by temporarily posting them in a position of prominence on the homepage. Featured links may include our commanding general priorities, Fort Belvoir initiatives, seasonal information, hot topics at Army or other level, community-level services and information, and new links.
www.belvoir.army.mil will not link to any Website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, Www.belvoir.army.mil reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with military mission or policies. We will not link to Websites that are not in compliance with Department of Defense Web policy, AR 25-1 or AR 530-1.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the www.belvoir.army.mil Website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This Website provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside Website, they are leaving the Www.belvoir.army.mil site and are subject to the policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside Website.
Fort Belvoir does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked Website.
Fort Belvoir does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked Websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
Fort Belvoir cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked Website. According to DoD Web policy, such authorization must be in writing. (See Paragraph 2.3, Part II, DoD Web policy.)
Fort Belvoir is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked Websites.
Fort Belvoir does not guarantee that outside Websites comply with Section 508 (accessibility requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Privacy and Security Notice
This site is provided as a public service by the Garrison Headquarters, Fort Belvoir, Virginia. The site is intended to be used by the public for viewing and retrieving information only. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
All information provided by military sources on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
We may collect information for statistical purposes to help us better manage this Website. That information feeds into software programs on this government computer system to create summary statistics, which we may use for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas. For site-security purposes and to ensure this service remains available to all users, we may employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law-enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) guidelines.
This Website does not use persistent cookies, which are tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser. We may, however, use session cookies, which are tokens that remain active only until you close your browser. When you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer.
Session cookies make a site easier for you to use, as they "remember" and cache information that save you time in filling out forms, for example. We don't keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but you may need to enter the same information repeatedly in the form, for instance. If you choose not to accept cookies, the help information in your browser software should provide you with instruction on how to disable them.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Army is dedicated to making all public Web site information available to each individual visiting this site, to include those with impaired physical abilities. In 1998, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments, as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, set accessibility standards and information technology performance criteria. Section 508 requires that all individuals with disabilities (whether federal employees or members of the general public) have access to and use of information and data, comparable to that provided to individuals without disabilities.
Using accessibility guidelines, we work to improve our web pages for easy access to all visitors.
The U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Belvoir, works to ensure this Web site is Section 508 compliant, and we will continue with these efforts as new methods and technologies become available.
If you are an individual utilizing assistive technology and experience difficulty accessing information on this web site, please contact us via the Interactive Customer Evaluation system link on our main Web page.